Friday, October 19, 2007

Fall Festivals and Dunking Booths

What goes better with a Church Fall Festival than the pastor in a dunking booth. I know there's always joy in watching the pastor humiliated by children, but really; What's it got to do with reaching the Lost? Just kidding people. It will be my joy to be the gimmick that kids can laugh at, and lose respect for me over.
Tomorrow from 3-5 is our fall festival and hundreds of fliers have been passed out by some very dedicated folks. If I did this kind of thing I'd call them by name. This is truly one of the more joyous things I get a chance to see as a pastor. To see people in the congregation responding by taking initiative in planning and implement something to reach our hands into the community. I've already received several calls asking "How much the rides and games cost?" It's such a joy to be able to say it cost nothing for you. Our people paid the cost that your children might now we love them. This kind of thing energizes me with excitement. I hope it does you also! Want to know more? Check us out on the web at www.lmbchurch.net. Click on the link to the Fall Festival.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope the festival went well!