Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Not Just a Doctor of Souls...

It's strange being a pastor. I guess it would be anywhere, but especially so in a smaller church where you have the opportunity to get to know the people on a much more intimate level. You hear about places in peoples' lives that nobody else really gets to hear. All the darkest parts of man seem to have a way of coming out. You see the best and worst. When I said "Yes" to the church I'm pastoring now, I had some knowledge that I was called to be a "Doctor of Souls." That's expected and really even the hardest parts are not surprising. BUT, I had no idea I'd be getting a Med school education at the same time. I've learned more about the inner workings and broken pieces of humans, along with more than I really ever cared to know about surgical procedures since I've come here. In fact I've learned I can communicate intelligently with doctors about a good many things now. People expect me to know about what's wrong with their body. Is it always pleasant? No. Does it and should it come with the territory? I believe yes. SO thank you God for letting me be a doctor!

No comments: