Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I Will Not Waste My Life This Year; Or my single New Year's resolution...

We will be embarking on about a 7 week journey starting December 30th here at Little Mountain. It's going to be called "I Will Not Waste My Life This Year; Or my single New Year's Resolution." Most years we make a list of resolutions half of which we don't intend to keep and the other half we fail to keep. This year the challenge will be just one resolution. One resolution with many sub points. It could alternately be called "How to Waste Your Life This Year," b/c the opposite of the things we will look at will result in one more wasted year tacked onto the 80 year average of wasted years. How many years have you wasted? Maybe you haven't wasted the whole year, but on the whole the year was more wasted than not. Then you think starting around December 20th, this next year will be different and here are all the reasons why...."I won't smoke, I won't overeat, I will go to church faithfully, I will give, and I will be more romantic with my wife/husband." Good luck with all that. As for me? Just this one. If I can fulfill this one then much else will fall into place.

No comments: