Sunday, December 30, 2007

Some Goals for this Year

1.  Average 100 in Sunday School by the end of February
2.  Take our church on its first short-term mission trip
3.  See 15 people come to know Jesus for the first time
4.  See those 15 people follow Jesus into the waters of baptism
5.  Upgrade our sound and video capabilities
6.  Finally take care of that handicapped ramp and entrance
7.  Orchestrate the 1st "revival" in my term as pastor
8.  Exceed our operating budget
9.  Take in more for missions that ever before
10. Set up a ministry for men in the same vein as L.I.F.T.
11.  Average 120 in Sunday School by July
12. Have 150 in Vacation Bible School
13.  Any other ideas???

2 comments:

Lisa said...

1. I believe if our church people would invited others people to come.
2. Where would the church go on its first short-term mission trip.
3 - 7. I agree with that.
8. Are you talking about tithes .
9. Something like the men class did across from your office.
If that what you are talking about they might be some changes in the year 2008.
I could ask my Sunday School class Sunday Morning about bringing in some extra
Money for mission.
10. I think the men should have something like the ladies have.
11 - 12. I agree with you they too.
13. What about a visitation day.
Have something to invited the community to.
Have the children in SON Light Worship give a little offering in their for mission.

Lisa

Rural American Pastor said...

Lisa,
Thanks for your comments and for reading the blog. I appreciate your input and how you responded thoughtfully point by point. There are many things Little Mountain does very WELL, and some things we can do better. We'll work harder in 2008 than 2007 and see what God will do!