Wednesday, November 7, 2007

5 Full Days and Counting

Ava Grace Phillips is preparing to make her grand entrance into the world in about 5 days, prayerfully sooner. My perhaps delusional dream is that when we go to the doctor today he'll tell us, "Wow you look ready right now. Let's get you admitted to the hospital." That's not too much to ask since my wife's been having contractions for a week now. My gut says, "You'll just have to wait it out." God's always trying to test my patience. Patience is truly one of the hardest virtues to learn. I usually find myself expressing to God my already well developed sense of it. Like I told the church on Sunday, "Who am I fooling? Sometimes myself, but never God." He knows I need to continue to mature in this area. Who doesn't? Children are the surest way to test your patience level. I'll post soon on Children and Sanctification. This is one of the most practical lessons I've learned in a long time. I hope it will help you when you're fooling yourself about it.

No comments: