Monday, January 21, 2008

Creek Dunkin


In the old days at Little Mountain there wasn't a baptistry. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a pool of water in the church for baptizing people. So if you need to be baptized, there isn't anywhere inside the church to do so. There was a creek where a zoo sits today near the church, and baptisms were performed in the creek. Here's a photo of the creek, and the baptisms from our booklet, "History of Little Mountain Baptist Church." Sometimes we long for the "old days," but I have a feeling the creek got a little cold in the winter. I like my water warm! But it sure makes for a very cool photo.

4 comments:

Gregg said...

This is an awesome picture.
I love to see old photo's like this.

Rural American Pastor said...

Hey Gregg. I'm all in to the old black and whites now. It's even better when they're relevant or related to the present in some way. There's a lot of old photos in the history book of the church that I will periodically post. Good stuff.

Gregg said...

I look forward to seeing them.
Paula and I have made what we call "Memory Quilts" for friends and family from time to time. It's basically a collage of old family photos layed out on velvet cloth and framed. We convert the color pics to B&W.They turn out really nice. It involves a lot of scanning, photo repair/restoration, and cutting, but the look on their faces has always made the up for all of the time it takes.
Best to you,
Gregg

Rural American Pastor said...

I absolutely love this picture. Thank you for reminding us of the old days. It's refreshing to see the lengths that Christians went to to make sure they shared their commitment to Christ with others. I like my water warm as well. You know that though since I often take your warm water!!!
We can't wait to hear your sermon tonight. We're praying for you!
K and B