Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I Prayed for Snow

I know it's not very theological.  I'm not quite sure there's any spiritual reason for it.  But this morning when I heard there was a chance of a wintry mix (translated - we don't really know what form the precipitation will take) I prayed that the God who controls the weather would providentially bring snow to us.  And for a night, He did.  I've been looking out the window enjoying this rare treat all night.  Every 10 minutes or so I get up, walk to the window, turn the light on outside and watch it fall.  There's anticipation every time b/c these things usually last about 10 minutes here and then turn to cold rain or worse, ice.  I don't recall a Bible passage with a prayer like this.  I'm a pastor and I'm not sure this falls in the realm of "things we ought to pray for."  But I did nonetheless.  I actually prayed for about 6-12 inches.  It's not looking like that will happen, but you never know.  If I wake up and see it, I will not be surprised.  If I wake and it's just small patches of snow and sleet I will not be surprised.  Either way, God answered my prayer and for a night I will enjoy it.

No comments: