Friday, January 18, 2008

What Kid's Shows Do You Wish Would Just Go Away?

I'm getting home from work and there's some kid's shows that Kate absolutely loves. I know I liked some very annoying things as a child, but this got me thinking about which shows I REALLY wish would just go away forever. Here's my top 5 in no specific order:

1. Dora the Explorer (On right now. If only Dora never talked it may be decent. Plus in light of our immigration issues the Spanish is quite annoying also).

2. Diego the male counterpart to Dora (See above on Dora).

3. Barney (Very popular among kid's show bashers, but deservedly so)

4. Wow Wow Wubzy (What is this? Japanese invasion. I just don't understand)

5. Teletubbies (Possibly the most pointless show ever. It teaches nothing, they say nothing, and they are very strange and scary little creatures)

This is my top 5. I could keep going. The shows are just very bad these days. It says something that Mr. Rogers is still on television, and that Sesame Street is still kicking. Some shows have staying power. Others are trendy and faddish. If kids are still watching Dora in 10 years I'll be surprised. I'll also hope I have no little kids! What are your top 5?

7 comments:

Lisa said...

They still have The Walton's & Little House on the Pairie & Touch by an Angel & 7th Heaven if yall
have Dish its on Channel 185. I agreed with the ones you put on the list should just go away.

Lisa said...

They are some I can't rememeber
that should go away. They want little ones to watch the shows parnets want to go away.

2thelight said...

There was one called the Electric Company that I found very annoying when I was growing up.
I'd have to add the Wiggles to the list of currents shows I'd like to see go away...

Rural American Pastor said...

I remember the Electric Company. My parents hated it, finding it way too loud and obnoxious. In fact they must've really hated it b/c they turned it every time it came on. I think it started out w/someone screaming "HEY YOU GUYS!"

Rural American Pastor said...

Now Josh, you know that you love d-d-dora, d-d-dora. HEY HEY!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. Oh Josh. This blog makes me laugh alot. However, I have to disagree with you about Dora. The others I could handle being gone. ESPECIALLY Teletubbies. I have never even HEARD of Wow Wow Wusby or whatever you said. But I think Dora is very educational. I'm not going to lie to you...Autumn and I watch Dora! It helps us! Haha. With all the cultural differences in America today, kids are going to NEED to know Spanish. That's my opinion though. :-)

Rural American Pastor said...

Dear Noelle,
I am sorry to tell you that you are very wrong. We love you as a sister, a daughter (though we're way toooooo young for that one), nay I say a granddaughter, but Dora is more annoying than fingernails and chalkboards. Thanks for the comment though. Did I mention you were wrong?